WELCOME!

Brooklyn Potters gathers members into a community to enhance shared aesthetic and technical interests in the clay arts. Interaction and exchange is facilitated between clay artists as well as with the general public of Metropolitan New York through exhibitions, lectures, discussions, workshops, publications, conferences, studio visits and art making activities as well as regularly scheduled membership meetings.

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Upcoming Class: Plaster Model and Mold Making for Ceramics

Dear Brooklyn Potters,

I am preparing a workshop in my Red Hook studio for the next two weeks.
The Screwball Ceramic Group requested this workshop since I had a studio at TI Art Studios.
There are 4 people from the studio, but 2-3 additional people could participate. We thought to start on a Saturday afternoon, 3-4 hours, sometimes from middle of March (the 19th).

Please let me know if anyone is interested in 3-4 or more workshop sessions to learn about plaster model and mold making for slip-casting or use for press molds to open up new possibilities for their works. 

Plaster Model and Mold Making for Ceramics
"Sylvia Nagy has great technical training in this area and would be interested in conducting a program related to slip casting or prototype fabrication in plaster. "-Judith

I have taught for 9 years Mold and Model Making in Plaster at Parsons School of Design. I have an MFA in silicate industrial design and art (glass, porcelain, ceramic).
I have created many design prototypes for companies to manufacture in the ceramic industry.
My clients include: Perry Ellis, Donna Karan, Cannon, Ceramic Supply NJ, Bed Bath & Beyond, Sakura, Ambrosia Glass Factory.  I also collaborate with artists, Rober Gober for example, to make press molds in plaster and complete life size ceramic-chairs for exhibition.

I could teach three-four or more sessions depending on the level of interest.

Prospective Potters, what area you would like to explore?

Please consider and answer the following questions:

1. Why are you interested in working in plaster?
2. What purpose do you want to work in plaster?  To create figurative sculpture, object, slip-casting etc?
3. What do you want to achieve?
4. What day and time would be the best for taking the 3-4 hour class?
5. Please send an image about your work sample.
6. Prepare one object, about 6 x 4 inches.

Please feel free to contact me via my email listed below.


This would help me plan a program according to specific needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment